Bats Europe, a Pan-European Stock Exchange
A Recognised Investment Exchange (RIE) in the U.K., Bats Europe (Bats) operates the largest pan-European equities exchange by market share and value traded. Investors of all types across Europe rely upon Bats to execute their trading activities.
The Bats platform is internally developed by a dedicated team of market and technology professionals to cater to the needs of the European trading community. It is hosted in a world-class data centre in Equinix Slough (LD4).
Bats' innovative market model simplifies cross-border equities trading with access to services for each stage of trading – all through one network connection.
From one Bats network connection, customers can access:
- Liquidity in more than 4,500 equities across 15 major European markets, as well as exchange traded products and Depository Receipts.
- A flexible post-trade model that helps customers manage their costs by allowing choice.
- Competitively priced pan-European equities market data.
- Efficient, cost-effective pan-European trade reporting services.
- Unrivalled support, including sophisticated real-time monitoring of latency, trading activity, network connectivity and risk management.
Bats offers trading in the UK, Austrian, Belgian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Irish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish and Swiss equities, Exchange Traded Funds, Exchange Traded Commodities, Exchange Traded Currencies and Depositary Receipts. Bats Select order routing is available for all markets traded except Irish and Spanish.
On February, 28, 2017, Bats was acquired by CBOE Holdings, Inc. To learn more about this acquisition, click here.