Become a Member of the BATS Exchanges
Become a Member of each exchange and experience the benefits of trading with BATS. Qualification and signing details are below.
Your firm must be a registered broker-dealer, registered with a Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) and connected with a clearing firm.
Step 1: Documentation
Complete and sign the following documents and send them with any other required documentation to Membership Services.
- BATS / DirectEdge Membership Application
- User Agreement Addendum to Permit Volume Attribution
- BZX Membership Agreements
- BYX Membership Agreements
- BZX Retail Member Organization Application
- BYX Retail Member Organization Application
- EDGX Membership Agreements
- EDGA Membership Agreements
- EDGX Retail Member Organization Application
BATS, Attn. Membership Services
8050 Marshall Dr, Ste. 120
Lenexa, KS 66214
Step 2: Connection
Firms can connect to BATS directly or via a service provider. To learn about connectivity to BATS, click the documents below.
- Connectivity Manual - network connectivity options
- Market Data Feeds - a robust offering of market data options to suite Members' diverse needs
BATS supports order entry in both Binary (BOE) and FIX formats. Please see the Support page for links to the technical specifications for BZX and BYX.
The EDGA and EDGX Exchange will migrate to BATS technology and move to the Equinix NY5 data center on January 12, 2015. For information on connectivity for these exchanges, please view our Edge Integration section.
If you trade via a service bureau (ex. Lava, Sterling, Fidessa, BRASS etc.), please return an executed copy of the Three Party Service Bureau Agreement, countersigned by your Service Bureau.
- BZX Three Party Service Bureau Agreement
- BYX Three Party Service Bureau Agreement
- EDGX Three Party Service Bureau Agreement
- EDGA Three Party Service Bureau Agreement
After your connection to BATS is established, you'll place your first trade to verify the clearing. Then, you're ready to enjoy the low-cost, high-quality trading BATS provides.